TUESDAY, JULY 3
The women of Gaza will be marching for their rights against Israeli violence and oppression.
They are asking for women’s groups and everyone to take solidarity actions in support. Since many supporters may not be able to organize an event, IfAmericansKnew.org created a downloadable flyer that you can print out and post in your home or car window and distribute widely.
NOW, 70 YEARS LATER, GAZANS ARE MARCHING FOR THIS RIGHT OF RETURN.
SINCE 2007, ISRAEL HAS KEPT GAZA UNDER BLOCKADE BY LAND, SEA, AND AIR. THIS HAS BROUGHT ABOUT:
- restrictions on freedom of movement – residents are rarely permitted to leave Gaza, even for educational, family, or medical reasons; in 2017, 54 Gazans died waiting for visas to leave for medical treatment (1)
- restrictions on food aid – 80% of Gazans rely on humanitarian assistance, and Israel is allowing just enough to avert starvation (2)
- restrictions on medical aid – supplies and medications are running out (3) (4)
- a crisis of water and electricity – nearly 100% of water is contaminated (5); Gazans receive an average of 2-4 hours of electricity per day (6)
- these amount to collective punishment (illegal according to international law) and have destroyed the economy and resulted in high unemployment and poverty (7)
- See more on their website HERE.